Blog Archive

Friday, April 6, 2012

next chapter

A quick pictorial to see where we're at.....


Raspberries, I couldn't help but lash out and buy a few hundred canes when I met a guy who is leaving the market garden game, tired of peoples poor attitudes towards food, gombarimasu!


The dirt patch, soon to become & already becoming the weed patch!


The patch is now full of garlic. For the past few weeks I have been preparing the ground and planting garlic. Galen has grown it quite seriously in the past, and offered his seed to grow this year.



This is Galens masterpiece in progress. Using salvaged Tasmanian specialty timbers, i.e. rubbish left on the forest floor to be burnt following the Tasmanian hardwood woodchip industry, milled himself using a portable sawmill, and put together using traditional mortice & tenon joinery. This is an octagonal tower room out of endemic Celery Top Pine.



This is Yurikos patch in Longford, at my parents place. After returning back to home soil, playing in the soil was a good grounding experience. I grew my first veggie garden here when I was younger, but it didnt look anything like this. Its amazing how things change!




Typical view in the morning from the Barefoot Farm looking over the D'Entrecasteaux Channel & Bruny Island.


No comments:

Post a Comment